Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sigma Premium Travel Kit Review

Are any of my readers fan of The Voice?  I saw the audition show and I was hooked since. It is big because I don't watch a lot of TV. I love both the contestants and the judges. I did not know who Blake Shelton was but he starts to look mighty hot - just love his positive and well manner persona, it is the whole package baby. =) Anyway, the season finale is tonight, who are you rooting for?

Anyway, back to makeup...


I was impressed with the packaging when these arrived.  I always appreciate it when seller go the extra mile and nicely wrap their products.





The case is a lighter pink with a bit of a silver tone to it compare to what is pictured online.  I don't think it is real leather but it is nice and soft.  I do love love the pink handle of the brushes, pink is cute.



It comes with a total of 7 brushes.  2 face brushes, a concealer brush, and 4 eye brushes.



The review for these brushes are going to be brief, more of a first impression because honestly I didn't get a chance to use them extensively.  The brush on the far left is the F25 Tapered Brush and it is by far my favorite of the bunch.  It is soft and it has such a unique shape that other than MAC brushes, there is no other dupe for it.  It is good for powdering T-zone, contour and blush.  The middle is the F15 duo fiber powder/blush brush.  Most duo fiber brushes has a flat top but this one is tapered so it is unique in that aspect but it is so flimsy that I don't find it useful.  The last one on the right hand side is the F65 large concealer brush.


The first brush on your far left is E50 Large Fluff.  It is ideal for a wash of color other than that, it is too big for my small eyes area.  Next to it is E45 Small Tapered Blending.  Third one is E20 Short Shader.  I was really excited about it but I find it to be a bit hard and scratchy.  Last one on the far right is E10 Small Eye Liner brush.


Here is a picture of size comparison between the F25 and Sigma F84 Angled Top Kabuki (review here), which I adore and recommend.


Overall, I think that this kit is a good option for beginners. However, if you already own a ton of brushes, you probably won't need this. Just bear in mind that with Sigma, once you used the brushes, you can not return them.


Disclosure: The product(s) being review was purchased by me for personal use or review purpose.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the different shapes of the professional brushes! Look very similar to the very LE MAC ones :P


    I think I got a message from you on google chat(?) but I closed the app on my phone before getting a chance to read it and do know how to open it back because I've never received a google chat message before LOL I'm so sorry for not responding!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's a pretty versatile kit.

    Haha, no worries. Google automatically added you to my google chat since you email me. I was just saying "Hi" =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails