Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sigma Synthetic Kabuki Brushes Collection Review



I have used three kabuki brushes (Ecotool retractable and two other from EDM) before trying these and I have to say that these are my new favorite.

F84 Angle Synthetic Kabuki Brush – Both of these brushes are very dense and feel very soft and luxurious against my skin. On the website, it said that this F84 brush is design for cream blush application and it is indeed a good brush for that purpose. However, I actually prefer this brush for liquid foundation. I find that the angle plus the round edges allow it to be very effective at smoothing out the hard to reach areas around the nose.




F82 Round Synthetic Kabuki Brush – This F82 brush is also very good for liquid or cream foundation. How I apply foundation using these brushes is very simple, I just put a few dots of foundation on my face and swipe and lightly buff it in with these brushes. They are wonderful, I don’t get any streaks and they cut my application time down to half. I also actually like this for cream blush better than the Angle Kabuki Brush. The reason being, I have a small face/cheeks and since the F82 have a smaller head than the F84, I feel like I have more control with this brush. What I don’t like the F82 for is powder or mineral foundation. I think it is too small. Also, since the bristles are short and stiff, it does not spread and make buffing a bit difficult.



Overall, I think both are great and find it hard to recommend one over another. I would get both. Does that make me a junkie? :)

4 comments:

  1. Everyone is raving about these brushes! I think I am going to try the flat top kabuki. Looks nice for foundation! Please check me out as well if you like, I would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These have been on my wishlist for a while =P Actually I won the flat top one in a giveaway and I can't wait to try it out!! The angled brush sounds great, especially since I love using cream blushes. Definitely going to consider buying that if I have the opportunity to ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is one of the best reviews I've seen! I've literally been lusting after those Sigma brushes, and I really think you've convinced me to get them now! Ahh! Thanks so much for the review <3 Also, please check out my blog, and follow me if you like :) I want to follow you, but it won't let me, and I think it's a glitch :( It's annoying because almost all of the beauty blogs I visit now have that same glitch. Sigh, boooo :(

    http://lebanesebeauty21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Productdoctor: I think blogger is having some technical issue, it won't let me leave a comment on your site. Anyway, welcome to the blogging world :)

    Mandy: I think you will enjoy the angled brush if you decide to get it. It is quite versatile.

    Huda Kaake: Awww...thank you! Yeah, I think blogger is experiencing some technical issue right now.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails