Monday, May 16, 2011

Adult Acne? Dermalogica Clean Start Bedtime for Breakouts to the Rescue


Unfortunately, lately I developed adult acne. Thankfully, it is pretty mild, a few red bumps here and there on my T-zone. Unlike teenager, adult acne sufferers tend to have dry and sensitive skin. Actually, my skin is more acne-prone when it is not properly hydrated. I wanted something gentle and this little gem is a 2% salicylic acid treatment with cucumber and Licorice extract to sooth redness.

Price: $22 for 2oz or trial size $6 for .5oz, available at Ulta

Pros: It is better for those with sensitive skin to use salicylic acid as an acne treatment than benzyl peroxide. In my experience, benzyl peroxide tends to dry out my skin and sometime even sting up application. This never ever sting or dry out my skin, it actually helps with redness. I use it as a spot treatment before bed. The next morning, my acne spots are less red, shrink, and sometime gone all together. Another plus is that I actually love the smell; it has a faint herbal scent.

Cons: I really really adore this gel but I absolutely hate hate the packaging. It is a very liquidly gel yet it comes in a squeeze tube. Almost every time, way too much product oozes out. They should really package this in a pump or at least a tube with a much smaller opening.

Overall: Even though I don’t use this daily, it is gentle enough to do so if your acne is more severe. The price is pretty reasonable; I love everything about it except for the stupid packaging. Actually, it is going to be a staple in my skincare regime from now on.  

Rating: 4.5/5

Disclosure: The product(s) being review was purchased by me for personal use or review purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails